SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (Wednesday, September 9, 2020) – Summerville Town Council will host its regularly scheduled monthly council meeting in person at 6 p.m. Thursday, September 10, 2020, in Council Chambers, located on the third floor of the Summerville Municipal Annex Building. The public is encouraged to watch the meeting online by clicking the ‘live streaming’ link on the homepage of the Town’s website. Town staff will enforce the following guidelines in the best interest of public health and out of an abundance of caution in helping to reduce risk of exposure to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Those who enter the facility must come through the main entrance near W. Richardson Ave.
- Anyone who attempts to enter will be required to have their temperature taken. Entrance will not be granted to anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or over.
- Face coverings are required inside the building.
- Due to limited seating, 43 people including staff, can be in Council Chambers at once.
- Overflow viewing of the meeting will be allowed in the Training Room, located on the second floor of the Summerville Municipal Annex Building. Due to limited seating, 21 people including staff, can be in the Training Room at once.
- Seats are based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Those who wish to make public comments must sign in before entering Council Chambers. The Mayor or Town Clerk will call individuals up one at a time during the public comments section.
- Due to limited seating, residents are encouraged to submit public comments to email@example.com before 4:30 p.m. Thursday, September 10, with your name, address, and topic. Please note that your submission in its entirety is public record, subject to the Freedom of Information Act.
The sidewalk between the parking garage and the Annex Building will be under construction Thursday, September 10, and Friday, September 11, 2020.
The Town advises the public to take precautions issued by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information visit www.summervillesc.gov.