SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (Thursday, August 13, 2020) – Summerville Town Council has extended the emergency ordinance requiring the public to wear face coverings inside businesses where face-to-face interaction occurs and outside where social distancing is not possible through 11:59 p.m. Thursday, September 10, 2020. The vote was made at the regular scheduled monthly council meeting on Thursday, August 13, in the best interest of public health and out of an abundance of caution in helping to reduce risk of exposure to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
All Council, Committees, Boards, and Commission meetings have the ability to be held electronically through Thursday, September 10. The Town will host meetings through Zoom, a digital conferencing service that allows meetings to be broadcast on the Internet to devices such as computers, tablets, and phones. The public can watch meetings by clicking the ‘live meetings’ link on the homepage of the Town’s website.
Services for permitting, planning, zoning, business licensing, code enforcement, and general requests are available online through the CitizenServe portal or by phone.
- Town Hall: (843) 871-6000
- Administration: (843) 851-4200 or (843) 851-4201
- Building Permits: (843) 851-4205
- Business Licenses: (843) 851-4215 or (843) 695-6508
- Code Enforcement: (843) 851-4219
- Fire Department: (843) 873-5107
- Municipal Court: (843) 875-2010
- Parks and Recreation: (843) 510-0005
- Planning/Tree Permits: (843) 851-4214
- Police Department: (843) 871-2463 or (843) 875-1650
- Public Works: (843) 851-4225
- Court for traffic and criminal cases will continue as scheduled.
- Bond hearings will continue as scheduled.
- Anyone with questions can call the court at (843) 875-2010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payments can be made online at SC.gov or dropped off in the overnight payment receptacle outside Town Hall.
- The Summerville Farmers Market is back to normal operations every Saturday between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. behind Town Hall.
- Fire Department’s car seat installation classes are canceled.
- All business license renewals and payments are due by August 31, 2020. Applications not paid in full will face penalties. Penalties will begin on September 1, 2020.
The Town advises the public to take precautions issued by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information visit www.summervillesc.gov or call the appropriate department.