SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (Wednesday, August 5, 2020) – The Summerville Farmers Market will return to normal operations beginning Saturday, August 8, 2020. The Town will operate the event with COVID-19 measures outlined in Governor Henry McMaster’s most recent Executive Order along with social distancing guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Face coverings will be required. The Summerville Farmers Market runs every Saturday through November from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Town Hall.
Town Council passed an emergency ordinance requiring the public to wear face coverings in all establishments where face-to-face interaction occurs through 11:59 p.m. Thursday, August 13, unless renewed or sooner terminated by Council. The vote was made at the regular scheduled monthly council meeting on Thursday, July 7, in the best interest of public health and out of an abundance of caution in helping to reduce risk of exposure to COVID-19.
All Town Council, Committees, Boards, and Commission meetings will be held electronically through Thursday, August 13. The Town will host meetings through Zoom, a digital conferencing service that allows meetings to be broadcast on the Internet to devices such as computers, tablets, and phones. The public can watch meetings by clicking the ‘live streaming’ link on the homepage of the Town’s website.
Services for permitting, planning, zoning, business licensing, code enforcement, and general requests are available online through the CitizenServe portal or by phone.
- Town Hall: (843) 871-6000
- Administration: (843) 851-4200 or (843) 851-4201
- Building Permits: (843) 851-4205
- Business Licenses: (843) 851-4215 or (843) 695-6508
- Code Enforcement: (843) 851-4219
- Fire Department: (843) 873-5107
- Municipal Court: (843) 875-2010
- Parks and Recreation: (843) 510-0005
- Planning/Tree Permits: (843) 851-4214
- Police Department: (843) 871-2463 or (843) 875-1650
- Public Works: (843) 851-4225
- Court for traffic and criminal cases will continue as scheduled.
- Bond hearings will continue as scheduled.
- Anyone with questions can call the court at 843-875-2010 or email email@example.com
- Payments can be made online at SC.gov or dropped off in our overnight payment receptacle outside Town Hall.
- MUSC Health is offering mobile COVID-19 testing every Tuesday and Thursday between 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Gahagan Park.
- The Summerville Farmers Market will return to normal operations beginning August 8. The market operates every Saturday through November between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Fire Department’s car seat installation classes are canceled.
- Staff will work with permittees on upcoming rentals.
- Business license penalties are suspended through August 31. This suspension is only for penalties and does not affect the actual payments.
- Staff is monitoring service requests through the Town of Summerville app and phone calls made to (843) 851-4225.
The Town advises the public to take precautions issued by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information visit www.summervillesc.gov or call the appropriate department.